Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Veggie Products

OK, so I'm sure all of you have heard of Veggie Burgers, "Chicken" patties and nuggets, and "Sausage", etc, etc... Well, I tried some. I mean, I've eaten them before, but this time I remember. Before was such a while ago. And recently I had a bad episode. Let's begin...

In my early 20's:
1. One night I baked up some "Chicken" nuggets. Well, my ex-boyfriend and I got into a big one and I went home (which was next door because he lived beside me with my uncle and girlfriend). Well, my uncle's girlfriend brought my nuggets over to me. In my moment of distress I forgot what I had cooked. I ate one and loved it. I then remembered my "Chicken" nuggets. I asked Robbin, "Are these the veggie nuggets?" She said, "Yeah, you cooked them
(duh)." Wow, I thought, theses are good.

2. I tried Falafel Burgers at a place called Jack's Corner on Spring Garden Street. Great! I love 'em! And will still eat Falafel gyros, burgers, whatever to this day.

3. Veggie Burgers: Randomly from store (Boca) and from Cloud Nine restaurant. Liked them, but no big thing. Thought a bit high in sodium.

Recently:
1. Veggie Cheeses: YUCK! I think that Smart Brand--not sure. But was chalky. Ooh. Blech.
Tasted it. Verdict: No Thanks.

2. Veggie Dogs: I believe Smart Dog Brand---YUCK! OMG was it horrible! I feel sick thinking about it. Seriously. OMG! They were like gelatinous, yucko, gag-me things. And they were all formed, like crayons. IDK. YUCK!
Tasted it. Verdict: YUCK! (I'm sure you got that).

Lately:
1. Veggie Burgers. I have to say I like these things. Especially, the Black bean Burgers from Morning Star brand. I tried the "Italian Sausages" from Morning Star. They were OK; but if you eat them in the same bite as your spaghetti and sauce, you'd never know. Chicken patties, hot boneless nuggets, and regular nuggets are great. All of your nugget-freaks at home will never be able to tell the difference unless they can read the package (in otherwords, hide the f*#@!^+% package). Oh, and those Ginger Teriyaki Cakes (essentially rice patties) from MS are GREAT! Even the "I-can't-eat-hippie-stuff" people at my work liked them. And Boca brand has some awesome mushroom burgers that my oldest said, "These are the best burgers I ever had, Mommy." If that doesn't say enough already.
Tasted it. Verdict: 2 thumbs up!

P.S. Hey, Poison Ivy, hope this has been helpful.

1 comment:

  1. yes. except tell me which ones don't have any soy in them. as I am allergic to soy. incidentally, before I discovered my allergy to soy, Morningstar Farm Chik Patties were one of my very favorite things. I absolutely refuse to eat actual "chicken" patties like they sell at fast food restaurants. yes, I know they are supposed to be real chicken. but no. Just No. I do love your food info. remind me to tell you about my Mexican Chicken Soup recipe later. when it isn't midnight-thirty.

    ReplyDelete