Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa Recipe: Spaghetti Patties

Today is my Papa's birthday. He would be 78 years old. In honor of his birthday, I'm going to post one of his favorite recipes: Spaghetti Patties.

Spaghetti Patties

Ingredients
Leftover or extra Spaghetti
(cold, day old Spaghetti works best)
A little sauce--just enough to wet the spaghetti (I would say a few tablespoons)
1-2 eggs, depending on the amount of Spaghetti you have
Flour--enough to bind the whole mess together
Olive Oil for frying

Directions
1. Break up Spaghetti
2. Add sauce. Mix--its best to do this part by hand.
3. Beat eggs in a bowl with a fork and add to Spaghetti. Mix.
4. Add flour until you can form patties. Add a little at a time.
5. Fry in a preheated pan with a little Olive Oil until golden brown on both sides. Add more oil if needed. My grandfather liked for the patties to be a little burnt.
6. Enjoy. You may dip in sauce or cover in sauce. Or you can eat them Tony Romano style: plain.

I hope you like them. My family had them tonight for dinner---Happy Birthday Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment