Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Mind on My Blog and My Blog on My Mind

I have been thinking about what to post on this blog......besides food stuff. This blog is about tasting different things in life. Again, not just food. I mean ideas, ways of doing things, products...everyday life stuff. Have you ever wondered if that Rosemary Cookie recipe from some company is any good? Is washing freezer bags really worth it? Are the organic products of better quality? And all that jazz..... I want to put it all to the test of my own taste---hence, Put to the Taste.

2 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion for a topic - do you have any information about feeding a picky eater? I have one who will only eat chicken nuggets and bread and apples - all good stuff, but not a very well-rounded diet, if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do. One is to make your own chicken nuggets--make mucho extra for freezing. I have a recipe from Jessica Seinfeld. It includes some disguised veggies. Then make your own homemade dipping sauces--i have a ketchup recipe from the same lady with the same deception. You can also make some apple dipping sauce. Again same lady and hidden treasures. Bread, now that can get tricky. You can make your own, but usually the addicts of this sort prefer what Bakers refer to as Bread Candy---aka store bought white enriched bread. Its basically air puffed bread. What you can do is buy wheat, organic, whole grain, or some from a bakery. AND only have that kind in the house. This will work one of 2 ways: stop the craving or provide a healthier alternative. what he is actually craving is probably carbs.

    ReplyDelete